College starts in just over a month, whether you’re ready for it or not. And, getting all the stuff your student needs can be an exhausting process, especially since you want them to feel comfortable in their new space. A college dorm room can be quite a clinical, cold and uncomfortable place. It can also be difficult to personalize. But don’t let the standard white walls and dorm furniture prevent your college-bound kid from bringing style, personality and comfort to their temporary home. By simply adding a rug to the floor, it can transform the space and make it a much more cozier place to live. An area rug can go a long way in making them feel at home. Here at Hopkins Carpet One, we offer carpet remnants for college dorms that can help make their room more comfortable at an affordable price. We can even finish the edges for a nice, chic look. Rather than get whatever leftovers remain at the big box store, come to Hopkins Carpet One and we can create a custom rug from carpet remnants that suits their style and comfort. Ready to get started? Here are some more reasons carpet remnant area rugs are an absolute essential for back to school:
- For one, it is quite common for dorm rooms and apartments to have bland wall colors, or even no color at all. Easily bring a pop of color with a custom, unique rug that matches with their theme.
- Area rugs can also quickly bring in depth and warmth to any space. Area rugs literally make the floor warmer underfoot. Your college student will be more inclined to stay in and study if their room is cozy, comfortable and feels truly ‘them.’
- Box stores will have a limited number of colors and designs to choose from. But with carpet remnants, the possibilities are virtually endless. Carpet remnant area rugs are also usually of much better quality and resemble more closely the carpeting of their home.
- And, the larger the area rug, the larger the room will appear. Dorm rooms naturally feel small and cramped but with a large area rug made from carpet remnants, you can actually help make the room look bigger. Place the large rug within 12 inches of the walls, or place it in the middle where it stops several inches away from all the furniture.
- You can also use a light colored rug to make the room look brighter and more spacious. While a dorm can feel dark and dingy at times, a bright, clean area rug can offer more cheery surroundings for your college student.
And, these are just some of the ways an area rug can help make their dorm room feel more like home and a place they feel comfortable in. Not sure where to begin? The experts here at Hopkins Carpet One are here to help you select the right carpeting for their unique style. We have carpet remnants, as well as carpet in stock, which can be cut to any shape and size, and have the edges bound.
Stop by Hopkins Carpet One today to choose the piece of carpeting for their cozy and comfortable dorm room rug. You can also call us if you have any questions at 952-933-8944 or contact us.