The condition of your carpet says a lot about the condition of your home. A well-maintained carpet gives your home an overall cleaner look, feel and aroma. Hopkins Carpet One suggests maintaining a regular carpet cleaning schedule to keep your carpet clean and looking great. If you get into a routine and keep it up, you will see great results that can make a huge difference for the appearance, value and comfort of your home.
Vacuuming can go a long way but there are a few additional things you can do besides running the vacuum on a regular basis. And, the experts here at Hopkins Carpet One has put together a list of steps to take in order to keep your carpet looking its best.
- First of all, it is a good idea to have your carpets professionally deep cleaned every 12 to 18 months by certified professional carpet cleaners.
- Stains and spills on carpet are inevitable, but you can learn how to clean them to prevent permanent damage. The best remedy for a spill is a speedy response. If a spill becomes a stain, it will be much more difficult to remove. Whether a new stain or an old one, Hopkins Carpet One offers some tips, helpful videos and advice to help you clean it up. But as a good rule of them, you should clean spots and spills as quickly as possible with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to resoil quicker.
- Also, try to be on the dirt defensive. Keep dirt out of the home in the first place by using mats outside and in; taking your shoes off when you enter the house and changing your air filters to reduce airborne dust particles.
And, these are just some of the steps you can take to keep your carpeting looking great. Do you have area rugs in your home? There are a few measures you can take for those as well:
- If your larger rug is easy to pick up, shake it outside first then put it over a clothesline or railing and beat it.
- Next, take the rug inside and vacuum it.
- Have them cleaned by professional carpet cleaners.
- And, if they are capable of being machine washed use warm water and a mild detergent. Then, tumble your rug dry at the lowest heat setting.
With regular vacuuming, carpet cleaning and dirt prevention, you can have a healthier, brighter living environment. After all, you shouldn’t have to suffer from allergens in your own home or a worn, dingy carpet. Take steps to keep your carpet clean and you will not only breathe easier but you will love the way your carpets look.
For more information on carpet cleaning and to see Hopkins Carpet One’s incredible selection of carpeting brands and styles, please stop by our showroom in Hopkins or give us a call at 952-933-8944.