Masland Carpeting is lovely for any Twin Cities home. This versatile carpet comes in a wide variety of colors and patterns, so finding the perfect one to match your home’s décor and your own personal style should be quite easy. After you pick out your new carpet though, you might be wondering how to best care for it and maintain it. Our installation team can answer your questions after they are done installing it, but we thought we would outline some basic Masland Carpeting care tips.
- The most important thing you can do for your Masland Carpeting is make sure you vacuum it regularly. Loose particles of dirt and other debris can cause premature wear. Make sure you do several passes with your vacuum cleaner over the carpet. The higher the traffic in that area, the more passes you should do.
- Use a vacuum that has a rotating brush or a beater/brush bar. This helps loosen up soil and other debris, making it easier to get out of the carpet. Just be sure the vacuum does not have any sharp or rough edges that could damage your Masland Carpeting.
- Preventative maintenance is the key to keeping your Masland Carpeting looking good for as long as possible. One of the best ways to do this is to get mats and put them at the floor of every outdoor entrance to your home. That way, people can wipe the dirt off of their feet before they come into your home.
- On occasion, try to move around the furniture in your home to help with wear and tear from high traffic areas.
- Make sure that you get a good carpet cushion or pad for underneath your new Masland Carpeting. We can help you choose the best one, and installing the carpet cushion is part of the overall installation process.
- Be sure to blot up any spilled liquids as soon as possible after they happen. Make sure to blot and not scrub. Use a dry, white and absorbent cloth or plain white paper towels. If you use a spot remover, be sure to thoroughly rinse the area with lukewarm water to ensure there is no left over residue.
Of course, if you have any questions about how to care for your Masland Carpeting, feel free to ask us and we can help you make sure your new carpet looks good for many years to come.
Do you want to learn more about Masland Carpeting in the Twin Cities? Call Hopkins Carpet One at 952-933-8944 or contact us for a Free In-Home Estimate.