Congratulations! So you’ve had or will soon be having new carpet installed at your home or business. Your new flooring will no doubt breathe new life into your surroundings but there are a few things to keep in mind following your installation. At Hopkins Carpet One, we are the experts in carpet for Maple Grove and surrounding areas and have put together a list of changes you may notice.
In the months following installation, you may take note of some changes in your carpet. Most of these are normal and will not affect the carpet’s life or appearance. Here’s what to expect as the carpet settles over time:
- Shedding. Carpet shedding is one of the most common occurrences in new carpet. The shedding of loose fibers is normal and should subside with regular vacuuming.
- Sprouting. If a single tuft extends beyond the carpet’s surface, simply clip it off. Do not pull it out as this could damage the carpet.
- Pile reversal or shading. A seemingly change in color that occurs in various parts of the carpet, caused by light being reflected in different ways as pile fibers are bent in different directions. This is a characteristic of plush carpet and is not a defect.
- Wrinkling. If ripples occur, give us a call right away. It may be necessary to professionally re-stretch the carpet.
- Filtration. This one is not normal for a new carpet and usually appears as dark or grayish lines or soil marks found on edges of the room, stairs or doorways. Filtration arises due to poor ventilation system and pollutant in the air, which may be trapped or filtered in the carpet. Filtration or soiling can be avoided by regularly vacuuming specifically the edges. Pollutants can also be reduced through avoiding smoking inside the house, burning candles, and keeping interior doors open to allow better ventilation. However, if filtration or soiling occurs, it is best to contact your local carpet cleaning professionals for water extraction treatment.
These are just some of the things you may notice about your new carpet. If you have any additional questions, contact us and/or the carpet manufacturer.
And, when you are ready to find new carpet for your Maple Grove home or office, visit Hopkins Carpet One. We will let you know all the options and walk you through the process from selection to installation and beyond If you have any questions abut the carpet we sell, give us a call at 952-933-8944 or contact us.