Vinyl Floor Repair
Did you scratch your vinyl flooring? Don’t worry! You may be able to fix it by following this scratch repair process. This technique is applicable for sheet vinyl, flexible vinyl planks/tiles and rigid vinyl planks/tiles.
First, you will need the following items:
- Abrasive pad
- Wax sticks
- Stain pens
- Heat gun
- Clean rag
- Furniture paste wax
- Isopropyl alcohol
Then, follow these steps:
- Remove loose material using a blue or lighter abrasive pad.
- Fill the scratch with coordinated tinted wax sticks.
- Melt the wax with a heat gun until the scratch is filled entirely.
- Remove excess wax using a clean rag and buff the surface.
- Use the stain pens to add additional color if needed.
- Wipe down the area with a clean rag.
- Finish with furniture paste wax.
The video below shows you the steps.
If you have additional questions regarding vinyl flooring repair, feel free to give us a call at 952-933-8944 or contact us.